We understand your pet is part of the family, so we say, bring them along wherever you go! Whether you’re looking for pet-friendly lodging for a weekend getaway or an extended family vacation, El Monte RV provides the comfort and convenience for all of you.
So pack the leash and the treats and enjoy a vacation with Fido or Fluffy in one of our motorhomes today. Your furry family member will love the freedom of travelling in the motorhome with you. No cages here!
We do not charge an additional fee but request that you return your RV in its original condition - and clean up after your pets. Standard cleaning charges may apply.
Pet-Friendly RV Vacation Ideas
You may think you’re limited on places you can travel by RV with your pets, but there are plenty of spots that allow pets to come along. RV campers willing to follow the same common-sense rules they observe with their pets at home shouldn’t have a problem including their animals on vacation.
Here at El Monte RV Rentals, we’re committed to helping RV-traveling pet owners enjoy their time on the road. Use these ideas to get started with your pet-friendly vacation planning. The links will lead you to more information, as well as any regulations for pets that apply. Happy traveling!
Pet-Friendly National Park Destinations
If you’re willing to follow the rules, many of our nation’s beautiful national parks allow Rover to come along. In general, if pets are allowed on trails and in natural areas of a particular park, they must be restrained on a leash no more than six feet long. The federal government maintains a terrifically helpful website on every national park in America at http://www.nps.gov. Simply open the page for a specific national park and then search for “pets”.
Here are some examples of national parks where pets can enjoy nature with you:
1. Acadia National Park in “Downeast” Maine
2. Harpers Ferry National Historic Park in West Virginia
3. Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore on Lake Michigan near Gary, Indiana
4. Shenandoah National Park in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia
5. Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore in Michigan
Pet-Friendly Family Destinations
Another way to enjoy a family RV camping vacation with your pets is to visit a destination that provides lodging for Fido while you play. Here’s a good rule of thumb as you start planning your trip—read the amusement’s website to determine if they have kennels, the fee for pet lodging and whether or not they take reservations.
Some examples of pet-friendly family destinations to explore? Cedar Point Amusement Park, on Lake Erie in Sandusky, OH, has a special Pet Chek facility where dogs can be kenneled while you enjoy the park. One more plus: there’s a pet-friendly Camper Village on-site!
A whole string of California amusements provide pet lodging for visitors. Some of the most-loved are: Disneyland in Anaheim, SeaWorld in San Diego and Universal Studios in Hollywood.
Pet-Friendly RV Camping Resorts
One more idea for RV campers hoping to share vacation fun with their pets is to make a luxurious pet-friendly RV camping resort your destination. Here’s a pet-friendly tip—most KOA Kampgrounds are designed to accommodate dogs.
These ideas for destinations can help you start planning your trip:
· Dallas Metro KOA in Arlington, TX has an off-leash dog park that’s designed to keep Fido happy as you camp.
· Four Paws Kingdom in the Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina is a dog-dedicated campground with an amazing array of pet-centered amenities and activities.
· Grand Canyon Railway RV Park in Williams, AZ not only provides rail transportation to the Grand Canyon, it offers state-of-the-art kennels for your dogs or cats during your stay.
· San Diego Metro KOA in Chula Vista, CA has a seven-thousand-square-foot Kamp K9 dog park for campers and their furry friends!
Don’t despair, if you hate leaving your pets at home as you travel! Choose your favorite destination and then ask how you can bring your four-legged friends along. There’s a beautiful place just waiting to welcome you and your pets as you enjoy RV camping.