RV Rentals for Delaware Water Gap
Vacationers travelling by RV will find picturesque campgrounds, endless photo opportunities and outdoor adventures galore at Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area.
Vacationers travelling by RV will find picturesque campgrounds, endless photo opportunities and outdoor adventures galore at Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area. Along the border between New Jersey and Pennsylvania runs the Middle Delaware River, one of the most scenic waterways in the Eastern United States. What makes this area truly spectacular is the Gap itself, a mile-wide break formed by the river through the Appalachian Mountains.
Travelers to Delaware Water Gap NRA will be amazed at the variety of birds, plants and wildlife. Get ready to photograph black bears, bald eagles and even peregrine falcons! Outdoor sports aficionados will love the surrounding terrain, too. Mountain trails, sheer bluffs and perfect boating conditions make this a haven for every active vacationer.
RV CAMPING ON A BUDGET
Don’t wait to explore the Gap; book an RV rental with El Monte RV. It’s a money-saving alternative to rental cars and hotel rooms, and the meals you cook in your motorhome kitchen will help keep your vacation budget on track.
To make things even better for travelers watching their pennies, the Delaware Water Gap NRA offers an Annual Park Pass which will cover the fees charged by Expanded Amenities within the Park, such as Milford Beach.
YOUR FIRST VISIT TO DELAWARE WATER GAP NATIONAL RECREATION AREA
Did we mention the trails you’ll find along the River? Hikers of all abilities are going to find just the right journey here. With sixty-plus trails, including a twenty five mile stretch of the famous Appalachian Trail, the hiking possibilities won’t disappoint. Special favorites? Try the loop at Dingmans Falls for views of two waterfalls without a lot of exertion. Families with youngsters will also enjoy the wildlife watching on the hike along Tom’s Creek near Bushkill, Pennsylvania.
Boating enthusiasts will be thrilled at the number of boat launches and scenic journeys waiting at the Gap! Whether you love to paddle a canoe through quiet waters, or tube the river with a group of friends, you’ll find “liveries” up and down both sides of the state line that will rent you just what you need.
The history of the area is evident as you drive past heritage homesteads and historic sites reaching back to America’s earliest years. Our top pick for history buffs? The Walpack Center, NJ Historic District, a nineteenth century village in a beautiful setting.
Come to Delaware Water Gap NRA, no matter what you like to do on vacation. The history, scenery and outdoor activities waiting there make this a “don’t miss” for RV campers!
WHAT TO DO WHILE YOU’RE THERE
- Dingman’s Falls & Visitors Center: A short stroll along the boardwalk will take you to the base of Dingman’s Falls, where a two-hundred-forty step staircase leads to the top of the Falls for a spectacular view. If you’re up to the climb, the pictures you take will be awe-inspiring!
- Milford Beach: This swimming area on the Pennsylvania shore of the Middle Delaware River features lifeguard service during the summer. Not your typical beach, this former farmstead is a lovely place for a picnic and leisurely swim.
- Appalachian Trail: As this famous Trail tracks across the Delaware Water Gap NRA, it crisscrosses numerous attractions and trailheads. Hardy hikers should definitely travel the section along Kittatinny Ridge to Sunfish Pond.
- Kittatinny Point Overlooks: Just off I-80 on the New Jersey side of the Gap, look for Kittatinny Point Visitors Center. The nearby overlooks on either side offer awesome views of the Water Gap area. Nearby trails lead to the top of Mt. Tammany, another wonderful vantage point for your vacation photos.
- Peters Valley Craft Center: Near Layton, NJ, summer visitors can tour the Peters Valley Craft Center, dedicated to preserving vintage and contemporary crafts. If you visit in September, plan to attend their annual Crafts Fair, too.
- Pocono Environmental Education Center: This Center in Pennsylvania gives a fascinating glimpse into the efforts made to preserve this national treasure. While you’re at the Pocono Center, take the Fossil, Sunrise or Scenic Gorge Trails for an even closer look at nature.
WHERE TO FIND MORE INFORMATION
The National Parks Service website should be your next stop for detailed information on Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area amenities. Another site we love for information on outdoor activities is GORP.com.
For a nice list of nearby campgrounds, scroll through this site: http://www.stateparks.com/delaware_water_gap.html.
EL MONTE RV LOCATIONS NEAR DELAWARE WATER GAP
Our Kingston, PA El Monte RV location is only fourteen miles from Wilkes-Barre/Scranton International Airport (AVP). Fly in and pick up the perfect RV rental; it’s only an hour and a half drive from there to reach Delaware Water Gap.
We’re ready and waiting to make your vacation special this year. Call us today at (888) 337-2214 to get that motorhome rolling!