El Monte RV cares about our environment!
El Monte RV is very pleased to announce our new partnership with TerraPass to become the FIRST motorhome rental company to offer a voluntary option for carbon offsets for your rv trip! El Monte RV cares!
Our customers love the outdoors and want to leave a legacy of a beautiful, healthy environment for generations to come. We believe that this is a way for all of us to contribute to that goal.
For a very nominal voluntary fee, you can do your part when taking your motorhome vacation, to care about the world we live in! Every cent of your purchase goes to TerraPass to fund green projects such as wind power, farm power, landfill methane capture, and more!
Join In! It feels great and costs very little!! Click here for more information on TerraPass.
Here are some additional tips for green RVing from gorving.com:
- Keep your RV on roads that it is equipped to handle.
- Reducing speed by just a few miles per hour $aves Gas!
- Always use marked RV campsites whenever possible.
- Recycle as you travel. Take note of campground recycling categories; they may be different from those you use at home.
- Minimize the use of disposables. Assign a mug to each family member rather than using paper cups. Discard excess packaging at home.
- Keep campfires small to minimize the amount of ash and pollution. Don't put anything into the fire pit that will not burn, such as plastics, foils or metals. Observe fire rules, which may change each day with weather conditions.
- Use non-toxic cleaning supplies.
- Where pets are permitted, use a screw-in stake or other method of securing them, rather than tying them around a tree which can damage fragile bark.
- Your favorite music may be your neighbor's noise pollution. Observe quiet hours for generators, boom boxes and noisy games.
- Work with nature to reduce air conditioning and heating use. In hot weather, use natural shade or canvas covers. In cold weather, park where the RV will be protected from north and west winds.
- Leave campground facilities, including the dump station as clean as you found them.
- Dispose of trash properly.
Following these simple tips with make you a Greener RVer!