|El Monte RV Monthly Newsletter
The Monty" title="Monty Perks Rewards Program!
El Monte RV is pleased to announce our new rewards program that earns you valuable points for each and every rental!
Earn points towards free mileage or free nights, with more ways to earn coming soon. Sign up and manage your account at our new customer portal.
Questions can be answered by our Monty" title="Monty Perks agents Monday through Friday 8:00am - 4:00pm via Monty" title="Monty Perks email.
Start earning valuable rewards with your very first rental!
FALL WINE COUNTRY SPECIAL
Take advantage of this special offer! Pick up a CS25 motorhome any day starting September 8 through October 29, 2011 at our Dublin, CA office. Just take the BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit) to the Dublin/Pleasanton Station, which is just 5 minutes from the Dublin office.
We've made taking this trip easy for you and have included your bedding, towels and dishes. Then, just drive the motorhome to the KOA San Francisco North/Petaluma campground which is not only close to San Francisco but also to the world famous Wine Country - Sonoma and Napa Valley. Of course, it's always great to visit the wineries but the most interesting time is in September and October.
The "Fall Wine Country Special" includes:
- a 3 night motorhome rental in a CS25
- including 500 miles, 2 Personal Convenience Kits, 1 kitchen kit, insurance
- a 3 night stay at the San Francisco North/Petaluma KOA which includes all amenities (Swimming Pool, Free Internet, Arcade, Jumping Pillow, Rock Climbing Wall, Petting Zoo)
- Sonoma Valley Wine Tour
- any day of the week, full hook-ups available (excluding Labor Day Weekend)
- Special Package rate only $847
Football Season is Here!
Pro and College football season is upon us. Don't miss the opportunity to throw your own touchdown pass with friends and family and throw a tailgating party they'll never forget!
Here are some of the upcoming games in September:
- Oakland at Tennessee - Sunday Sept 12
- Denver at Jacksonville - Sunday Sept 12
- Chicago at Dallas - Sunday Sept 19
- Jacksonville at San Diego - Sunday Sept 19
- New Orleans at San Francisco - Monday Sept 20
- San Diego at Seattle - Sunday Sept 26
- Florida A&M at Miami (FL) - Thursday Sept 2
- Minnesota at Middle Tennessee - Thursday Sept 2
- Youngstown State at Penn State - Saturday Sept 4
- Wisconsin at UNLV - Saturday Sept 4
- Stanford at UCLA - Saturday Sept 11
- Virginia at USC - Saturday Sept 11
- East Carolina at Virginia Tech - Saturday Sept 18
- Wake Forest at Stanford - Saturday Sept 18
These are but a few of the football games at which you could throw your tailgating bash. You can find a more comprehensive list on our website. We'll list upcoming games in each newsletter during the season, so be sure to look for upcoming issues!
RV Rental Idea: Calling all NASCAR" title="NASCAR fans!
Continue the 2010 NASCAR" title="NASCAR Racing Season with a Tailgating Party in an
El Monte RV motorhome at these exciting September races:
The Labor Day Classic 500 race at the Atlanta Motor Speedway on September 4 - 5!
The One Last Race to Make the Chase race at the Richmond Int'l Raceway on Sept 10 - 11!
The Sylvania 300 race at the New Hampshire Motor Speedway on September 18 - 19!
The AAA 400 race at the Dover Int'l Speedway on September 25 - 26!
RV Vacation Ideas:
Notable road-worthy trips
- Thunderbirds Air Show" title="Thunderbirds Air Show - Pittsburgh, PA Sept 10 - 11
- Blue Angels Air Show - NAS Oceano, VA - Sept 18 - 19
- Plano Balloon Festival - Plano, TX Sept 17 - 19
- Texas State Fair - Dallas, TX - Sept 24 - Oct 17
- Canadian Snowbirds Air Show - Chico, CA - Sept 25 - 26
- Albuquerque Int'l Balloon Festival - Albuquerque, NM Oct 2 - 10
- Monterey Jazz Festival - Monterey, CA Sept 17 - 19
- Utah State Fair - Salt Lake City, UT Sept 9 - 19
- 18th Annual Lone Star Nationals Car Show - Ft Worth, TX - Oct 1 -3
- Pacific Grove Triathalon - Pacific Grove, CA - Sept 10 -12
- Colorado Balloon Festival - Colorado Springs, CO - Sept 4 - 6
These are just a sampling of the types of events that a motorhome vacation makes really enjoyable. All the comforts of home go with you, no packing and unpacking, and no lines for security!
Check these out or find one on your own, but don't miss out! And, don't forget, Labor Day is right around the corner. It's not too late to make last-minute vacation plans!
For a map of rv rental locations, check out our locations map.
RV Vacation Idea:
Experience the Wonder of Fall Foliage
Fall is just around the corner, so make plans today to see nature's annual color show.
Here are some links to help you plan a spectacular color-viewing rv trip:
- Minnesota fall foliage drives
- Skyline Drive - Virginia
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park - Tennessee
- North Carolina fall foliage drives
- Vermont fall foliage drives
- Colorado fall foliage drives
- New Hampshire fall foliage drives
- Maine fall foliage drives
- Connecticut fall foliage drives
- More road trip ideas from roadtripamerica.com
- Top ten fall forests from GORP.com
- Fall foliage by State
Take your trip to see all the awesome colors of fall in the comfort of an El Monte RV. We can make your trip fun with just the right motorhome for you.
We have locations nationwide to serve you. Visit our locations map
for more information.
RV Vacation Idea: Mammoth Cave National Park
Officially dedicated as a national park on July 1, 1941, Mammoth Cave National Park covers more than 52,000 acres and has the unique distinction of having the longest cave system in the world with over 367 miles of it having been explored. Imagine a cave so long, that if the second and third longest caves in the world were joined together, Mammoth would still be the planet's longest cave and have nearly 100 miles left over! You'll want to learn about the mystery of Mammoth Cave. Take one or several of the park's cave tours.
In addition, there are many more things to do and see. You can canoe, kayak, enjoy a campfire program, bike, hike, and more! You'll want to see remnants from Indian miners from more than two thousand years ago! Gourds, torches, and slippers are some of the remnants that remain perfectly preserved today.
Camping is allowed in the park. Check out this page to get information on campsites and other useful information.
Don't wait to make plans for a trip to this place that early guide Stephen Bishop called a 'grand, gloomy and peculiar' place.
|RV Recipe of the Month
1 lb bay scallops
8 limes, juiced
2 tomatoes, diced
5 green onions, minced
2 stalks celery, sliced
1/2 green bell pepper, minced
1/2 cup chopped, fresh parsley
Freshly ground black pepper
1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
1/8 cup chopped fresh cilantro
~ Rinse scallops and place in a medium sized bowl.
~ Pour lime juice over the scallops. (The scallops should be completely immersed in the lime juice)
~ Chill the lime juice and scallops all day or overnight until scallops are opaque (you cannot see through them).
~ Empty 1/2 of the lime juice from the bowl.
~ Add tomatoes, green onions, celery, green bell pepper, parsley, black pepper, olive oil, and cilantro to the scallop mixture.
~ Stir gently.
~ Serve this dish in glasses with a slice of lime hanging over the rim for effect.
Stock photo, may not represent actual unit
Near-new RV Manager's Special
2005 Winnebago Chalet 31C
This 2005 is one of the best selling Class C motorhomes and comes with a living room slide, rear queen walkaround bed, large galley, dinette, sofa bed, and a side chair. For entertaining and camping, this is RV'ing at its best. Looks like new! Comes with a one year warranty.
Stock #: 78721
| Terra Pass Carbon Offset Option
El Monte RV offers customers a way to offset the carbon emissions from their motorhome vacation by selecting this option when booking by the website, requesing it via the call center, or when picking up at the rental counter.
This option is completely voluntary and is a very nominal fee. We encourage you to consider this when booking your trip!
Every cent of this nominal fee goes straight to Terra Pass to fund various carbon-offsetting programs.
El Monte RV Cares!" title="El Monte RV Cares!