(subject to change without notice)
Alternate Terms and Conditions may be in effect for certain rental vehicles,
dates, offices, events and uses
- Renter must be a minimum of 21 years of age (25 years at some locations) and must have a major, non-debit credit card, a valid driver’s license from country of residence and current identification (including passport for non-US residents).
- All drivers must be a minimum of 21 years of age (25 years at some locations) with a valid driver’s license from country of residence and and current identification (including passport for non-US residents). ($25.00 fee for each additional driver will be added at some locations)
- Renter, all additional drivers and credit card holder must be present at the time of pick up to sign the rental contract.
- Major, non-debit credit card used for the required security deposit must have a minimum credit limit of the security deposit amount available above the rental charges.
- Renter must provide a binder for Primary Third Party Liability Insurance up to the State Statutory Limits applicable to the Rental Vehicle. Primary Third Party Liability Insurance may be available to purchase for those clients who do not want to use their own insurance as primary, who do not have sufficient insurance or who do not have valid insurance for Rental Vehicle.
El Monte RV management reserves the right to deny service to anyone deemed a credit or security risk.
- It is not possible to reserve a specific unit size, color, floor plan, television, awning, or model year within specified vehicle type category.
- El Monte RV reserves the right to substitute models with similar, higher rated or longer vehicle type category. No refund for additional fuel consumption, ferry charges or campground fees will be given due to the increased length or size of Rental Vehicle.
- Vehicles may be winterized during freezing temperatures. Contact the pick up location for additional fees or instructions.
Rates, Down Payment, Changes, Security Deposit and Rental Payments:
- Rates are subject to change and are not guaranteed until the reservation is confirmed with a down payment to lock in the quoted price. Reservation down payment is applied directly toward the total rental charges due at the time of pickup and is non-refundable in the event of cancellation.
- The security deposit is a verification and pre-authorization of available funds on your major, non-debit credit card in the amount of $1,000. The pre-authorization is reversed at the time of return; but may take 7-10 business days for funds to be released back into an account.
- The security deposit must be made with a major, non-debit credit card. ATM/Debit Cards, Check Cards, Stored Value/Pre-paid Cards and Gift Cards are not accepted for payment of the security deposit.
- Payments of the balance of all rental charges, including estimated mileage charges, are due at the time of pick up. No refund is given for late pick up, early return or unused pre-paid miles. Contracts are subject to fees imposed by the local/state government.
- Rental charges may be paid by Master Card, Visa, American Express or Discover Card. Stored Value/Pre-paid Cards and Gift Cards are not accepted for payment of Rental charges.
- Unit type, rental location and the dates of travel determine the rental rate. Prevailing rate will apply for any changes to the original reservation in addition to a fee of at least $50 to make the change.
Vehicle Pick Up:
- Rental Vehicle Pick-up Time is after 1 pm based on vehicle readiness.
- Customers are required to call the pick-up station between 8:30 am – 9:30 am on the morning of scheduled pick-up and arrange a vehicle pick-up time. Customers must arrive at the pick-up station no less than one hour before rental station’s official closing time.
- There is no refund if client picks up later than the booked day of departure.
- Customers should allow 1-2 hours after arrival for vehicle orientation and rental contract processing.
- All renters must also sign the “Winterization Advisory” when renting between October - March. Fees may apply.
Customer vehicles cannot be stored at the rental location without prior authorization from the location's Rental Manager. Vehicle storage is not available at all locations. El Monte RV is not responsible for any damages to the customer’s stored vehicle. Storage fees may apply.
- Return time is between 8:00 AM and 11:00 AM. Customers returning late may be charged a $50.00 or more per hour late fee.
- There is no refund if customer terminates rental before scheduled return date.
- Rental Vehicle cannot be dropped off later than 1 hr before or anytime outside of location’s official hours of operation.
- All late returns or extensions must be authorized by the return rental location at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled date of return and any additional charges will be immediately applied to the customers credit card on file.
- Rental Vehicle must be returned in clean condition. Cleaning fee of $50 or more per hour may apply.
- Business Hours will vary. Call pick-up location for verification of hours. Some locations open weekends
- All locations are closed on: New Years, Easter, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas
Last updated February 2016