Please note the following restrictions:
1) Off-road: Travel on non-public, unpaved and / or ‘logging’ roads is not permitted at any time.
2) Death Valley: Due to extreme temperatures, traveling in or traversing Death Valley is not permitted in July and August. In May, June and September travel is permitted, however, customer is fully responsible for all mechanical problems and/or towing or vehicle recovery costs. Ground temperatures can reach 140º F or 60º C
During July / August clients may be required upon pick up to sign and acknowledge these restrictions.
3) Mexico: Travel is permitted at client’s own risk and only with purchase of El Monte RV’s Mexico Auto Liability Insurance (MALI), available at all southwest locations. However, there is no reimbursement for repairs, lost use or deductibles for damage when in Mexico.
4) New York City / Manhattan: Travel is not permitted.
5) Alaska / Northern Canada: Travel is permitted at client’s own risk. However, there is no reimbursement for repairs or lost use.
6) Winter: Travel during winter months is permitted. However, clients are responsible for any damage due to systems freezing due to cold weather. As a precautionary measure, water may be replaced by anti-freeze to prevent water systems from freezing (Please ask the rental counter for instructions on this procedure). Customers must plan on using bottled water and may be charged a ‘de-winterization’ fee if water systems are used. Special instructions may be given at the rental counter. Freezing conditions may occur in Spring and Fall at higher elevations and should be anticipated and precautionary measures taken.
7) Summer: Travel in summer months and /or in extreme temperatures can strain motor home systems such as roof and dash air conditioners, generator and refrigerator. We maintain our motorhome fleet to accommodate all weather conditions; however, clients should be made aware that performance of motorhome systems under extreme conditions cannot be guaranteed.
8) Ontario / Quebec: Due to the increased incidence of theft, motorhomes are not allowed to be left unattended within the cities of Montreal, Ottawa and Quebec City. We recommend leaving the motorhome parked at a campground and using taxis or public transportation. Details available at pick up location. Clients planning on traveling in these areas must inform rental station prior to departure.